What kind of online reader I am and what writing is like for me.



When it come to the type of online reader I am…I must admit like many I tend to scan over  page so websites that employ scannable text like highlighted keywords and bulleted lists help me stay focused and get through a webpage. Though on the other hand if a topic that I love like cats and Japanese animation than I would read each sentence of the webpage even if there wasn’t a use of scannable text. Also it helps when the writer is able to infuse emotion into their writings. For example there a site called cracked and whether it’s an article about strange animal facts or one able morbid practices in medieval time…the writers are always able add sarcastic sense of humor to each article.
Me as a writer on the other hand is a mix bag…one moment I can come up with a whimsical piece that can suck the reader in.  Yet I can have writer’s box and be stuck in a chain of run on sentences. I think that why in research paper, citing sources were both a blessing and a course. If was a topic that had a ton of research on it…talking about the researchers gave me a boast on what to write on. If there was a limited amount of research and it’s more of an opinion based paper than citing a certain number of sources then it will be a task to complete.
I know that with my type of writing I am better suited for webpage/blog post over typical research papers…. Which is something important especially in this day where it takes a little something extra to grab the attention of the viewers who has an unlimited amount of information at their fingertips.    

Comments

Popular Posts